Programs Food Bank Assistance
The Burlington Community & Family Services serves those in need in our community in a variety of ways. Our Food Bank is one of our most active programs. Each year we distribute food to more than 3000 area families. We also provide Christmas gifts and toys to close to 1000 area needy children and holiday meals to more than 800 families for preparation of a special Christmas meal.
Our Food Bank is designed for emergency support and our clients are able to shop for a variety of fresh, frozen and canned goods to tide them over for a few days until their next cheque arrives. We also provide a few personal hygiene products and some household cleaning supplies when they are available.
Our hours of operation are:
Monday to Friday – 9:00 am to 11:30 am – for walk in assistance
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday – 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm – by appointment only
We are closed to clients on Wednesday afternoons.
As a client of Burlington Community & Family Services, you have the right to:
– prompt and courteous treatment
– be treated with respect and dignity in a clean, professional and safe environment
– be served without discrimination
– voice any concerns you may have
– make a complaint without fear of retaliation
– have your personal information treated sensitively and kept confidential
– receive an explanation for the discontinuation or the denial of services
– request and receive information on devotional services, spiritual programs or obtain a referral to the Pastor/Spiritual coordinator.
As a client of Burlington Community & Family Services, you have the responsibility to:
– be respectful of others
– be respectful of The Salvation Army Burlington Community and Family Services property
– contribute to a safe and supportive environment
– communicate to CFS staff when unable to attend arranged meetings or appointments
– complete any required assistance or registrations forms truthfully and advise worker of any changes
– maintain confidentiality of information shared by other participants in groups or programs
Discontinuation of Service
Assistance from The Salvation Army Burlington Community and Family Services may be discontinued for clients who fail to adhere to the responsibilities listed above. Discontinuation of services may include temporary or indefinite suspension of program participation privileges up to and including restricted access to The Salvation Army Burlington Community and Family Services property.