The Burlington Salvation Army Community and Family Services is a ministry team dedicated to serving the community's spiritual, emotional, physical and social needs, regardless of age, gender, creed or level of society, through the practical demonstration of Christian Love.
Some of our services include:
• Distributing food to more than 3000 area families throughout the year
• Providing Christmas gifts and toys to close to 1000 area needy children
• Bringing a warm smile, listening ears, practical guidance and a sense of dignity to those less fortunate in our community
• Working with the United Way and Union Gas in providing financial relief to those at risk of losing their main source of heat
• To continue to fulfil the mission of The Salvation Army Burlington Community and Family Services
• To be flexible in response to the changing needs of the community
• To maintain a community and family services ministry that is practical, relevant and economically viable towards the future
• To maintain a community and family services facility that meets the needs of clients, volunteers and staff, that is accessible and promotes The Salvation Army favourably within the community
• The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda Territory has four core values:
• Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
• Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
• Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
• Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.